Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Self is

Monday, May 21, 2007


Self is everywhere,
shining forth from all beings,
vaster than the vast,
subtler than the most subtle,
unreachable,
yet nearer than breath,
than heartbeat.
Eye cannot see it,
ear cannot hear it nor tongue
utter it;
only in deep absorption can the mind,
grown pure and silent,
merge with the formless truth.
As son as you find it,
you are free;
you have found yourself;
you have solved the great riddle;
your heart forever is at peace.
Whole,
you enter the Whole.
Your personal self
returns to its radiant, intimate, deathless source.

Mandaka Upanishad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is a beautiful thought, but it says we have to be Whole before we can enter the Whole!!! What the hell kind of infinite sadistic loop is that?! I'm in a little bit of a cranky mood right now and I'm sure I'm not reading it the way the author intended. How on earth can I make myself Whole in order to merge with the divine Wholeness?!! Good grief. If I could fix it myself, I would have already!! ALL of us would have!! Geez.....

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it means that WHEN you have fournd your Self within your Self you have then "solved the great riddle".. and at this point you are whole and enter the Whole... and I guess it's that riddle that we are all working on... Geez... I agree with you... If I could only solve that riddle...

Related Posts with Thumbnails