Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Getting Started Doing The Work

Saturday, February 19, 2011


Well, I promised that we'd get started bright and early this morning, and I have to say that it isn't exactly bright around here nor is it all that early -  but we are getting started nonetheless. In order to do "the work" we'll need to have our tools in order. Those tools are:

  1. An idea of what the work is posted here.
  2. Worksheets and info: First you need to get familiar with the Judge Your Neighbor Worksheet, which can be downloaded here. Then ask the  Four Questions. Next comes the Turn Around. And once that's complete you  Embrace Reality.

Each of the above tools is being uploaded as a separate post. And I'd like to encourage everyone to at least start somewhere today. Whether that means printing out a worksheet, or writing a list of what you'd like to work on - doesn't matter.

And if this is still about as clear as mud, you can download the Basic Instructions - PDF, visit the Byron Katie website, or check out her book: Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life.

I think it would be great if we did the work every day - or at the very least - put some thought into the questions and the turn arounds every day with one day a week committed to actually doing the journaling exercise.

My plan is to systematically go through my list of "stuff I want to work on" with a commitment to completely work through at least one thing. And by completely work through, I mean to explore one of my major themes to the point where I feel 100% sure that I'm "over it."

To help keep us motivated I plan to upload a Byron Katie quote a day. I've found some cool pencil art to use as illustrations for our project. But wait... there's more! I've also got videos, a series of exerpts from an interview with Byron Katie, and maybe even some personal experience stories to share as well. So, it looks like we're up and running...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails