Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Egg and Beg Fundraising

Tuesday, February 01, 2011


Here are two fundraising ideas in line with our "begging" theme. It requires nothing more than a clear idea of what you are raising money for, one egg, and transportation. I found it at Fund Raising Ideas.

  • Go to a home and ask them to donate one egg (convince them that you are not crazy and promise not to throw it at their home). Go to the next house and ask them to donate any amount of money for the aforementioned egg. Repeat cycle endlessly. For safety, it is best to work in pairs.

  • For this fundraising idea, have volunteers go to area homes, asking for an egg. Have the volunteers explain what they are raising money for and then they ask the donor how much money they will give to perform various "wacky" acts with the egg.

    For example, "Will you give me $5.00 to crack the egg over my head?" or "Will you give me $5.00 to eat the egg raw?" The volunteer escalates the act until they get the most money they can from the donor.

And yes, these require a certain amount of courage. I'd have to be really really desperate before I'd go door to door for any reason. However - it's good to know that I do have that option. It also occurs to me that this might be an excellent way to get unemployed teenagers out of the house and on their way to entrepreneurial success.

And once again, for those of you following the original project on prayer, here's that link: A Prosperity Prayer. There are some great thought provoking comments on this post - definitely worth reading!

4 comments:

Cindy H said...

I'm not impressed with the door to door egg ideas. I have had to go door to door for various things throughout my lifetime and it is not something I would ever want to do again! It's scary! There are some crazy people out there!!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I'm not big on door to door either, Cindy. I'd have to be more desperate than I've ever been before I'd do something like that!

Karla said...

I loved the egg idea! Very creative! If a kid is willing to crack an egg over his head I could donate a couple bucks. It shows that they are at least dedicated! If you have to beg, why can't it be fun? I do agree door to door should be done only in certain areas and in groups.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I agree Karla, I'd donate too - if the kid was engaging and fun to talk to - I don't think I'd even care what the money was for!

And I find it comforting to know that there are ideas that I could use if ... and this is a big if... I was that desperate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails