Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Pay Yourself

Friday, October 01, 2010

Self-Made Millionaires are not smarter or better than you. They have just discovered these secrets and used them to become wealthy. You can do it too.

Here is secret #15:

PAY YOURSELF FIRST. This is the first rule of the wealthy. Put money into savings before you pay bills. And DON'T touch it.



What I think:

Finally! One secret I can commit to actually doing. I used to do this all the time. I'd put money into savings before I spent any of it. Even if it was only $5. Then stuff happened... you know how it goes... years passed... and recently I started doing it again... and then... well... you know how it goes... stuff happened...

Is this the story of how I put myself last? or is this the story of how I only see what I don't have and make no provisions for having? or is this the story of seeing only the lack? I dunno. But it's a story I'm going to change.


Anyone else have anything to say about this? Do you pay yourself first? or last? Is putting yourself first something you often do? or is it the other way around? And are your savings and your self-worth related?

2 comments:

Karla said...

Automatic payroll deduction!! They take a little tiny bit from each check and it goes to an IRA. The key is to make it small enough that you don't feel it. If I didn't have that set up, I think I would try and do it myself by having an automatic transfer to another account or another bank set up. So much can be arranged electronically and it only takes a couple months to get used to it, then it's mindless savings!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I like it Karla - mindless savings - automatic - easy! That has got to be the best way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails