Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

The Money Drain

Sunday, May 24, 2009

ENERGY DRAIN: Your credit card debt. Money issues are among life’s leading stressors. And stress is a common cause of fatigue. Stress—and more importantly, how you perceive it—is the single most pervasive factor that determines the state of your energy.

Negative thoughts or monkey mind—a brain stuck in overdrive—can also be draining. Gaining control over your stress levels can affect a dramatic increase in energy and as a result you will be less likely to get sick.

ENERGY BOOST: In many cultures, breath is energy. Here is a simple way to increase your energy. It's called a “breath break”: Sit up straight, throw your shoulders back and inhale slowly to the count of four, letting the abdomen expand. Pause for one count. Exhale slowly to the count of six, letting the abdomen deflate. Pause for one count. Repeat four times.




Wow! I think this really works! I've been sitting here, hunched over the keyboard, feeling stressed and frazzled, wondering how I'll get the comment box fixed, the posts uploaded, the dishes washed, the laundry done, the house cleaned, the lawn mowed, the litter boxes changed, the car washed, the grocery shopping done, and at the same time have a really relaxed day of doing nothing... LOL... That's me, always trying to do the impossible!

Anyway, I thought I'd give the breathing thing a try - and it works really well. I feel a lot better. Now, if I can only remember to breathe more often!

3 comments:

Karla said...

This posting made me really laugh! It's been a few years since I started using the pendulum, and I write down each session word for word. I must have at least 20 spiral notebooks full of conversations with my Great Grandfather. In our talks, the one thing he repeats over and over is, "BREATH!" sometimes even, "BREATH DAMMIT!" (who knew our spirit guides could be so bossy!) He explains time after time that we can accomplish very little unless we focus on breathing. Sounds pretty obvious, doesn't it? Stop breathing and the dishes will definitely NOT get washed! It's more than that, though, a chain reaction of sorts. Conscious breathing raises ones vibrational level to a place where we become functioning antennaes for all the guidance, love and support that is out there. Clarity, peace, a mindset to get things done and ENERGY all fall into place. It's FREE, PORTABLE, EASY TO DO and according to Great Grandpa, a major cure-all! I'm glad I have him to remind me to breath, but there are a ton of other little exercises out there that are helpful. In Doreen Virute's Chakra Clearing Book, she has an easy color breathing technique. Breathing in green, breathing out yellow, breathing in blue, breathing out orange, breathing in purple, breathing out red. Picturing the colors as mist or smoke helps. Try doing ench color sequence slowly 3 times. I looked on the internet and there are many other color breathing methods (I was hoping I would find this one in detail so I could copy it for you all).
My daughter had her baby a few days ago and boy, breathing helps in amazing ways during birth, right?
Now, take a deep breath and have a great day!

Cindy H said...

Well it looks like the comment problem is fixed! Yahoo! Thanks so much!!

My daughter gets mad at me because when she gets stressed out, the first thing I always say to here is "Breathe!!" But it's true, breathing really does help! Sometimes I catch myself doing little tiny, shallow breaths, and that's not good. That's the way most of us breathe anymore, shallow little breaths. It seems so simple to just breathe more deeply, but it's another one of those things that's easier said than done!

Blonde joke: A blonde woman always had on her headphones no matter what she was doing. She would NEVER take them off. One day she went to get a haircut and the stylist told her she needed to take off her headphones to get the proper haircut. After much argument, the blonde finally agreed to take them off. About 60 seconds later, the blonde was on the floor, passed out. The stylist picked up the headphones and heard: "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out"!!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Love that joke Cindy! I need a pair of those headphones!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails