Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

So Here's What I Did

Monday, May 18, 2009

There was once an old sailor my grandfather knew
Who had so many things which he wanted to do
That, whenever he thought it was time to begin,
He couldn't because of the state he was in.

~unknown


Having posted this grand scheme for spending the next 30 days addressing my (our) energy drains... I immediately became overwhelmed by the magnitude of the work to be done around here. Apparently, my life is one large sink hole!! I couldn't even begin to think of where to start, and next thing you know I was having trouble breathing (well, not really) and of course, the only solution for that is... turn my Sims game on.

But, because I'm supposed to be addressing my energy drains - and NOT playing computer games, I was absolutely paralyzed for ... I dunno ... an hour or so. Then I thought, well, I'll just do what I want to do, and I discovered that not only did I want to play the Sims, I wanted to get the Prosperity Project organized and ready for the next 30 days, I wanted to do the dishes, clean the litter boxes, mow the grass, fix the vacuum, vacuum the floor, clear off the table, do a total makeover of the template for Way Cool Quotes, upload pictures to More Cool Pictures and Way Cool Pictures, start a series of posts about magic and crossroads at Gypsy Magic, feed the dogs, plant a garden, take a nap, watch a movie, fix a delicious meal for lunch, go to the store, clean out my car, do the laundry, fix the dryer vent, and, oh what the hell, why not just go ahead and put new siding on my house...

Yowsers!! Just typing all that out made me seriously tired!!

So... what did I actually end up doing? That's a really good question because I haven't done anything yet! Well, I did do a google search for shipwreck images (because I feel like a wrecked ship today), LOL! I think, however, that what I am going to do is ... call my son-in-law and ask him to mow, and then I'll ask him if he can fix the vacuum cleaner. That being accomplished, I'll do something really easy... like put the dishes into the dishwasher. Then I'll do something even easier and turn that baby on! Let me see... that's four things! Not bad!

And, having accomplished all that, it'll be time for the Sims, a movie, or maybe even a nap.

UPDATE: It seemed like a good plan didn't it? So here's what really happened... my son-in-law was happy to help all the way up until it came time to actually DO something, and while I did get my dishwasher loaded, none of my dishes actually got clean because well, hey, my dishwasher isn't working properly!! When I get done screaming and pulling my hair out, I'm going to take a serious nap because now I'm really tired!

How about you guys? How are you getting along so far? Any great insights? Good experiences? Massive energy surges? Major leaks sealed and plugged? Disasters? Dramas?

3 comments:

Karla said...

Shirley, there must have been a special planetary alignment yesterday! I felt so unmotivated! Instead of telling myself I was "tired" or "lazy", this time I gave myself permission to be relaxed (this word does not exist in my normal vocabulary!). There was a whole list of things I wanted to get done, but my BEING said, "Float through the day and rest". Maybe we have days like that to prepare us for the upcoming busy and focused times ahead. I'm glad I chose not to pursue the HUGE to do list because I would have been frustrated and overwhelmed. A huge energy drain! So maybe I wasn't overly productive, but I was happy.

Oh, your dishwasher story reminded me that high on my list of things that zap my energy are machines! The computer! The TV! The phone! The stuff that's supposed to make our life faster and easier. I vowed to reduce some of the less that useful time spent anguishing over MACHINES and more time in nature! Get me outta here!

Sandra Rae Hymel said...

Hey there, Shirley, ... after reading your entry for today, I thought: "What does she mean that she's "done nothing yet"??? WOW, all the ideas shared with all of us. Thought seeds planted for us to cultivate or stomp on.
Interesting, I'm one of those who has tried "communing with nature" for 5 years on a 400 acre farm. Talk about energy DRAINING! ... I find we often romantacize the nature trail and forget the heat, bugs, and allergy contributors. I personally energize in Silence, reading, writing, communing with the arts, visual and musical.
I became acutly aware of myself as an "energy being" on studying Caroline Myss's stellar work: Anatomy of the Spirit,p58." She says: "Think of yourself at all times as an 'energy being' as well as a physical one. The energy part of you is the transmitter and recorder of all your thoughts and interactions. Keep in mind that your biography becomes your biology." She also says that we all wake up each morning with 100% in our energy bank account and gradually, choice by choice, I say, decide where we invest it. How MUCH energy power do I allow myself to give up over little things. In fact someone once said: "Don't sweat the small stuff ... and, guess what, it's ALL small stuff!"
I say give life the LIGHT touch, don't take it SO SERIOUSLY!
Your friend,
Sandra

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Hi Karla... and hello Sandra! The light touch! So important to remember - so easy to forget. And Karla - I agree with you about the machines... on the other hand, if we had to do EVERYTHING by hand... laundry, dishes, growing our own food, canning it ourselves, making soap... well, we'd be too tired to enjoy the outside, wouldn't we. Balance - it's so important!

Related Posts with Thumbnails