Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Being Helpful

Friday, September 24, 2010

Self-Made Millionaires are not smarter or better than you. They have just discovered these secrets and used them to become wealthy. You can do it too.

Here is secret #8:

SEE YOUR WORK AS SERVICE. Helping others will grow your business.



Here's what I think:

I think this is true up to a point. But doesn't it depend on what your dream actually is? If you are an artist, and your big dream is to create big art - I'm not sure how that translates into helping others.

(hmmm....)
This is me thinking that one through....

I suppose you could vision it as a way to help others see the world differently... and that would maybe fit. Mostly, I think my art helps me... does that count? I suppose you could think of art as service to the creative spirit that flows within...


I dunno. What do you think? Does your big dream involve any form of service? Is it enough to be serving your own greater good? Is it enough that you are serving your creator by fully utilizing your talents and abilities? Ideas anyone?

5 comments:

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I love this picture - and at first when I saw it, I was thinking - I want that job... but then I realized that I would very soon tire of holding the flower while the butterfly had all the fun... and next thing you know I'd be depressed and angsty about not BEING a butterfly and trying to figure out how to turn my hamster self into a butterfly and pretty much being dissatisfied with who and where I am... so... that was informative!

Anonymous said...

As an artist, much if not all of what we do in some way is aimed at others. Years go by when the only way our art gets out is if it is 'given' as a gift or exhibited for free for the benefit of someone else. When I am not sure what I have to offer another, a gift of my art or time or support (greeting people at an opening, sending out flyers for someones new show) are just some of the ways we serve. We also serve the greater good of the communities in which we live by supporting the arts and artists, the local causes, and those who live in our neighborhoods. Art lifts the soul artists lift one another.

Karla said...

I like your insight about sharing art and you're so blessed to be able to serve people in this way and do what you enjoy. Could you imagine what our communities would be like without this beauty to balance and nurture our spirit?

I think you make a great point that whatever you do, it can be considered service to others at times. I answer phones and file for attorneys all day. Perhaps not the most glamorous job, but the opportunity to be of service is there each time I pick up the phone or someone walks in the door. Of course, when I do palmistry, that's really feeding my desire to help others and I love it!
My dream is to be able to make and abundant living by doing readings, writing and work connected with Spirit, but at the same time I don't want to be considered a carnival act or scam artist preying on people who are emotionally fragile. So I guess my dream is to be authentically of service and have plenty of resources to allow me to do so without financial stress.

Karla said...

Shirley, I think the hamster and the butterfly should contract to job-share.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

"No labor shall be without grace."

I was thinking about what you guys had to say, and happened to click on The Occulatum widget - that's what it said... interesting huh?

Anonymous - you're right and thanks for the insight.

Karla - love the job-share idea, and totally support you in your dream.

Related Posts with Thumbnails