Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Own It

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Self-Made Millionaires are not smarter or better than you. They have just discovered these secrets and used them to become wealthy. You can do it too.

Here is secret #3:

THINK AND ACT LIKE YOU'RE THE OWNER OF A BUSINESS,
THE BUSINESS OF EVERYTHING YOU DO.

Even if you work for someone else, you're attitude will plant seeds for your independent greatness to grow.



My thoughts:

This one is interesting. So... how does the owner of a business act? I know some business owners I would never want to emulate... I've been the owner of a business, and I'm not sure my "business owner" activities were all that great. And having tried and fizzled out - how could I ever trust myself again?

I suppose I could learn from my mistakes... let me see... what were they? Trying to do everything alone - that was the biggest thing. Which led to burn out, and the stress of the constant pressure of having it all rest on me. I'm really not a very good boss of me. I expect way too much and I'm mean!

I wonder if it would be good to find a successful and happy business owner to emulate? Or, am I over-thinking this concept ... could it be as simple as having a "take charge" attitude? Or maybe... it's about taking responsibility. Being active vs reactive. Stepping up instead of stepping down.

Actually, this reminds me of a quote from the series OZ:

"You made your bed, now lie in it." Anybody wanna tell me what the fuck that means? You're gonna go to the trouble of making up your bed, smoothing out the sheets, fluffing up the pillows, just to ruin it all by lying down. The phrase should be, "You laid in your bed, now make it." Point being, you got to be responsible for your actions. Responsible.

~Augustus Hill



So what do you guys think? How is this useful? Am I on the right track? Totally out in left field? What? And what about you? How does this secret strike you? I'd love to hear your two cents!

1 comments:

Karla said...

Scott Baio?? Hmmm. Interesting choice there! I think you're right, thinking like a business owner is feeling like you're in charge AND responsible. This is really important in these tough times. I see so many people who feel victimized and ceaselessly lament their fate. Someone ELSE was in charge and laid them off. Someone else is responsible for the bad in their life. What if they were able to take control, to feel in charge again? Wouldn't the shift in energy at least FEEL good. It's easier to tell yourself, "My business is not running as smoothly and productively as I'd like. How can I change it?" than it is to try and change someone else's business. Especially if you don't work there any more.

Very good points you brought up, Shirley!

Related Posts with Thumbnails