Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Love It or Leave It

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Self-Made Millionaires are not smarter or better than you. They have just discovered these secrets and used them to become wealthy. You can do it too.

Here is secret #4:

LOVE WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING NOW.

If you don't love it, leave it. By saying no to doing work just for money, you are magnetizing work to you that you can love.



So this is what I think about this one:

Geez that sounds so good. Permission to say no to stuff I don't love. I've been trying to do that my whole life. But somehow, I always end up trapped in jobs that I don't love. And right now, if I left the job I currently have, I'd be in really severe financial trouble. No money for food, no money for gas, no money for electricity, etc... And I can't think of a single job I could actually go out right now and do that I would love AND that would bring me enough money to survive on. And we're talking survival here - not a life of luxury - not even middle class living - we're talking subsistence living on the edge of homelessness.

And it occurs to me that this is my "all or nothing" thinking in action. Maybe it's possible to make a gradual and well considered move from what you don't love into what you do. So. How does one go about making that transition? If I can figure out this one thing, this particular project will have been a rousing success.

And as I'm writing this, I realize that I am already doing it... Yowsers! How cool is that? I have been taking steps in that direction. I've even got a kind of a plan. So... maybe all that is required is patience and action. And by action I don't mean running around like a chicken with your head cut off, I mean action towards a goal, actually working to make that big dream come true.. you know, the big dream we are working on getting a clear picture of... the one we are taking charge of... being responsible for... that one.


So, how about it guys? Have you got your big dream well visualized yet? What is that big dream? I've got mine posted at Shirley Twofeathers. I'd love to see yours. Oh, and, I wonder if there's anything in the project on "Creating Work You Love" that would help us out here.

3 comments:

Karla said...

I think that even if you are doing work that you'd rather not be doing, you should love it. If I'm going to work at McDonalds, then I will be the best damn hamburger salesperson they've ever had. My skills and smile will be so sparkling that they will shine me right out of where I am and straight to where I want to be.

I we are lucky enough to have employment right now, there's no reason why we can't be stellar at what we are doing and be grateful. If we are doing things with a happy attitude, it raises our vibration and allows other possibilities to come to us. We don't have to say, "I love this job and I want to be here forever." We can say, "I'm going to be really happy and have fun doing this right now and at the same time visualize how really excited and happy I will be in my next job."

I just don't see things moving for people who are angry and bitter about where they are in life. Do you? Can't you think of examples of people you know who seem to bitch and moan about their circumstances yet never tell you about what WOULD make them happy? I think about a short, heavyset black woman I have watched at Costco who greets people and checks their cards when they walk in. I've seen her hug folks, crack jokes, "God Bless You" everyone and all with a giant smile and a genuinely huge heart. Do you think it's easy to stand up there in the doorway in all kinds of weather on a cement floor? Do you think she makes millions? Maybe not but she is really, really good at her job and makes it a point to be HAPPY doing it. I truly believe that there are good things ahead for her. Her Good Karma Pot must be overflowing!! I want to be like that when I grow up!

Sudha said...

I second that, Karla! I couldn't have said it better.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I do think though, that loving your job even when you hate it is easier said than done!

Sometimes, what you have to do is simply find something to love and cling to that one thing... for example... when I get to really hating my job, it helps me to put my focus on how much I love that it's NOT relay missouri, and it's NOT silent unity, and it's NOT chuck greeson breathing down my neck... so I can love what it's NOT.

Also, I find that if I focus on what I DO love. It's much easier to be at peace with my mind numbing, nerve jangling, body bashing job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails