Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Affirmations for Self Acceptance

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If you like affirmations, and if they work well for you, pick one or more from this list (or make up one of your own) and use it whenever you notice any negative self talk. Alternatively, you could read this list aloud every morning before you leave the house, and again each night before you go to bed.

  1. I am worthy of love and respect regardless of others' opinions or behavior.
  2. My self worth is totally independent of how I compare to others.
  3. My self worth is totally independent of any external factors such as: intelligence, wealth, my home, appearance, talents, professional success, my children's success, being attractive to the opposite sex, making friends, disciplines, "spiritual" activities.
  4. I am worthy of love and respect regardless of the results of my efforts.
  5. I am worthy and will be loved even when others are being given more attention. I am happy for others when they receive love and attention.
  6. My self worth is within me and totally independent of whether I am loved exclusively by someone on or not.
  7. I am worthy of love and respect even when I am not perfect in what I do and even when I make mistakes.
  8. My self worth is totally independent of how much I accomplish.
  9. I am worthy of love and respect even when I feel weak or needy.
  10. My self worth is totally independent of whether others agree with me or satisfied with me.
  11. I deserve love and respect even when I need to say "no" and not respond to what I am asked to do.
  12. My self worth has nothing to do with how much I give or receive.
  13. My self worth is totally independent as to whether some people trust me or open up to me on not.
  14. My self worth is totally independent of how people behave towards me.
  15. My self worth is totally independent of how much others work or how they work or what they believe about me.
  16. My self worth is a reflection of my divine nature and not my gender, religion, social class etc. .
  17. My self worth is totally independent of whether others recognize it or how they feel towards me.
  18. I accept and love my self as I am with my faults and weaknesses as I steadily and methodically evolve out of them.
  19. I am intelligent and capable enough to succeed in any endeavor which is important to me.
  20. I deserve to be loved and respected exactly as I am ( at this stage of my evolutionary process).
  21. I have the inner power and strength to deal with whatever life brings me.
  22. I am capable of handling any possible difficulties which might occur.
  23. I am beautiful exactly as I am - just as all aspects of nature.
  24. I am a good person, a worthy person.
  25. I am worthy of love and respect regardless of how others behave towards me.
  26. I respect and love all persons (especially my parents and family) without feeling any need whatsoever to live my life according to their beliefs or values. I live my life in harmony with my inner values and beliefs.
  27. I am in no way responsible for others people's reality but only for my own motives and behavior towards them.
  28. No else is responsible for my reality. I am totally responsible for what I feel and experience in life.
  29. My self worth is based on my inner being, my existence itself, my inner divine nature and on no other external factors.
  30. My self worth is a simple function of the fact that I, as all others creatures, am an unique aspect of divine creation. My self worth cannot be increased nor decreased. I can never be more or less worthy of love and respect than another.
  31. Although I am not perfect and have various faults, I deserve to be loved and respected as I am, just I as I love and respect others with their faults.
  32. When I do not love my self, I am not loving an aspect of divine creation.
  33. I often accept in others traits which I reject in my self. Why?
  34. I am in a process of evolution and am attending to that process
  35. All beings deserve my love and respect, including my self.

Via Holistic Harmony

3 comments:

Cindy H said...

This is a great list of affirmations! I think what I'll do is pick the ones that speak to me and once a week, choose one to say to myself throughout the day and before I go to bed. I also like having affirmations to say when I'm sitting in the steam room at the Y.

Karla said...

I think this is a good one to print and review now and then! Especially #32. I've had a tough time realizing that I'm part of a whole and beautiful existance rather than a separate being. Especially when I'm in a pissy mood, it's easy to feel aloneness rather than oneness. I like this affirmation because it reminds me that I wouldn't want to be rude to a loving group of people, and if I am a part of that group, then I'd better be nice to myself as well!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this list. I am not big on affirmations - but it does feel good to read the list as a sort of reminder of the truth about me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails