Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Taking Care Of Yourself

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Taking care of yourself is letting your heart know that you are responding to its needs - the needs of your soul. It is self-development through self-awareness: wherever we find it. People and resources will come to you. Some will resonate with you and some will not. Trust your intuition.

  • Use whatever form of meditation works for you. There are many techniques and resources available. (meditations)
  • Make a decision to choose the feelings, thoughts and actions that take you to whom and where you want to be.
  • Take time to learn what your purpose is. It will evolve over time and you may have more than one.
  • Gift yourself with a reading escape, a dessert, enough time in your week to exercise.
  • Do whatever it takes to get in touch with your true self. Find the resources to guide you to loving yourself unconditionally.
  • Understand and experience our own divinity.
  • Spend more time with groups that lift you, help you discover the meaning of living from our heart.
  • Ask your self regularly if what you do is taking you in the direction you want to go. Our activities should support whom we are, where we want to be and what we want to do.
  • Express love to others. Service to others may be the fastest way to be happy ... giving away what you want most.
Unfortunately, the author's name was lost in the transition.
Sorry about that!

5 comments:

Cindy H said...

Wow, this posting really gives some concrete things to do, just like Michelle asked for! Isn't it funny how difficult it is to be kind to ourselves despite taking care of everybody else?

Michelle, I see the divinity in you and your life and I hope you recognize that you are a beautiful child of God who is perfect in every way!! Treat yourself special today!!

msvb19 said...

I agree with cindy it is easier to be wonderful to others and we forget ourselves. I love the list. thanks

Michelle said...

Thank you Cindy...and Two Feathers! I don't know why, but being nurturing to myself is probably the hardest thing ever. But I like the list of concrete things to do....I wish I had looked at it earlier in the day. However, I plan on taking it to heart. Right now.

Karla said...

I agree! What a great list! And I like how it starts off by saying to listen to your intuition. Sometimes things just FEEL right, even when all appearances say they shouldn't, or that you should be more concerned and you feel perfectly at ease.

At first when I read the list, I was doubtful about "finding the resources" to make time for myself. I'm so busy!! But then I read about doing the things that make me happy and being of service. I haul my kids around and take care of the house & clothes and yard because I LIKE how that feels. I love to nurture my family. Yes, that means buying cleats for them and not shoes for me. Yes, that means my days off are spent on bleachers with a pack of sunflower seeds instead of relaxing with a good book. But I'm HAPPY they are doing positive things.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's all relative. What makes a person's insides glow is unique! If I took all the time in the world to pamper myself, I would never feel the love and contentment I have with my family. I think it would be a shame to try and mold myself into someone else's opinion of a happy woman, so I liked the way this list made me appreciate the things I do and help me see their worth.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Cindy, msvb19, and Michelle - yes! it is hard to be kind to ourselves, much easier to be kind to the people around us.

We're so concerned about being "selfish" "self-centered" or "self-absorbed" that we forget to do any self care at all. Then we wonder why it is that we take care of every one around us - and yet no one is taking care of US!!

Why is that? It's because people tend to treat us the same way we treat ourselves. So... if you want the people around you to be nurturing and kind - YES - be that for them, and YES - be that for YOU TOO!

I'm so glad that you guys liked this list!

And Karla - I think you hit it on the head - it's not about what other people think - it's about what makes you feel good about you being you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails