Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Begging For Mercy - Let's Get Started

Friday, January 14, 2011

Now we get started. The first time around I wasn't quite sure what to write about, as you can see if you take a look at that post - Praying For Prosperity.

I did do some begging last night, and in the process I discovered something interesting. Here's the situation I was begging about:

We're currently in a deep freeze, and the overnight temperatures were expected to be -5, so I was really worried about my water pipes.

Especially since I live in a mobile home with melted siding on the entire west side. The night before I let water drip in all the faucets and the bathtub faucet leaked badly so I woke up to wet bathroom floor which - which totally freaked me out because I could just see all that water getting my insulation wet, and freezing the pipes, and me having to crawl under the trailer and fix it with my not great plumbing skills and no money.


My begging went something to the effect of "Please don't let the pipes freeze... please please please." And the more I begged, the more I worried about it, and it occured to me that maybe I was focusing so much energy on something that hadn't happened yet - that maybe what I was doing might actually cause the pipes to freeze!!

Also - I wasn't getting a clear idea of who I was begging to... Was it my angels? The God of Water Pipes in Winter? The pipes themselves?

But that's not all - I also realized that I wasn't having the intensity of desperation that tends to accompany my most successful begging. So, right away I stopped. And I said to my Angels, "I know you will take care of me no matter what so I'm going to sleep now. And by the way thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you've done for me so far."

This morning, the pipes are fine. The floor is still wet - (what kind of a moron puts carpet in a bathroom anyway?) - but all is well. Did the begging help? I dunno.

What I do know is that whining and worrying is not the same as being truly desperate. Plus it's important to have a clear idea of who you are talking to when you beg, and it's always good to be grateful.

6 comments:

Karla said...

Yay! New project! Yay! Begging your pardon, but what an interesting subject! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I have to agree with you..begging feels desperate or fear based, doesn't it? So many visual images of begging pop up. I'm curious as to the origins of begging. Perhaps it didn't always have a negative feeling. It one way though, begging is a total release of any CONTROL, right? Sort of like, "I give up. I surrender. Now somebody HELP!!"
I'm so happy that your entreaties to the Almighty Pipe Gods were successful! Sending you some sunshine, Sweetie! Hang in there!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Hi Karla! You are right, begging is an interesting subject. I did look up the origins of begging - so, since you're interested, I'll post about it sometime soon. And I agree it is a total release of control... which might be one of the things that makes it work. I dunno. I guess we'll find out, huh?

Aquatic Touch said...

I have been doing a lot of begging lately...PLEASE help me...I can't see my way through this, but you can.

Surrendering seems to soften my heart and be okay with what is happening. If I could have done it by myself, I would have already done it!

Cindy H said...

I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the pipes. I'm also in a mobile home, with partial skirting off on 2 sides and some missing insulation underneath that has never been replaced. And I have also been concerned that worrying about the pipes freezing could actually manifest them to. So far, I have also dodged the bullet and the pipes are okay. I've been trying to NOT think about freezing pipes and the consequences, and instead, place a tight, warm, white bubble around the house and the pipes to keep them warm. So far, so good.

I almost feel guilty participating in this prosperity project these days since my life situation has changed so much and short of winning the lottery, I have pretty much everything I have asked for or hoped for. So my prosperity definition will be altered to include appreciating what I have, envisioning it to last, and it spreading abundantly to all of my dear friends and loved ones, with a peaceful ripple effect out to the entire world!

SoulErika said...

here is some info on a great way to receive assistance from your spiritual support team or whoever you like to ask help from.this is from Tom T Moore's newsletter
The Gentle Way Books

Welcome to this week’s edition of my Benevolent Outcomes Blog, and welcome to everyone who subscribed in the past week. This Blog is for people just discovering how to use a very simple, yet powerful and effective spiritual tool you can use every day the rest of your life. It will lessen the stress and fear of life in general, and will make your life easier. It’s so simple a lot of people say “It can’t be this easy,” but it is, because IT WORKS! This reconnects you with your Guardian Angel, or higher power, or whatever your belief is. You simply say, “I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for…….., thank you!”

Subscribing to this blog is easy, just go to http://www.gentlewaybook.com/blog/?feed=rss2

Here are some examples of MBO's you can request. (i.e. Request not begging!)

I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for attaining the best weight for my health and happiness, thank you!


I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for choosing the healthiest foods both at home and in restaurants, thank you!


I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for being led to healthy, enjoyable exercises for me, thank you!

Just as a reminder, you say “I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for the PERFECT JOB for me, thank you!”

And then each job interview you say, “I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for the results of this interview to be even better than I can hope for or expect, thank you!”

And of course for that person to share your life you say, “I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for the PERFECT MATE for me, thank you!”

“I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for my problem with .... and may the results be even better than I can hope for or expect, thank you!”

with Love Soulerika
www.rainbowhealings.com

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Hi guys! I love seeing all these comments!! And Cindy - I really enjoy knowing how good things are for you!

Erica and Aquatic Touch - that was really helpful - I like the "I can't see my way through this but you can..." and as for the requesting vs asking - I think that's definitely worth exploring!

You guys are giving me so many good ideas!! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails