Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

A Nice Surprise!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back in 2006, I shared a prayer for Unexpected Income. Today, I am happy to report that I actually did have an unexpected income! I was going through my mail, and there was a letter that looked like it was probably from a creditor. I opened it, fully expecting to read something calculated to scare me into sending money I don't have, and what came fluttering out was a $1 bill. My first thought was, "That can't be real." But it was. So, how's that for cool?

But wait, that's not all. Remember how I said that my "wish list" this time around included some DVD's? Actually, what I've been wanting to have all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And I've been totally sure that there was no way I could afford to get them. So, yesterday, my local video store called out of the blue, and offered to sell me their entire set for $10 per season. Now, that's cheap! And they're willing to hold them for me while I scrounge for the money! And what's really fun about this is that I never said one word about wanting them. It's like the Universe, my Angels, or I dunno... the Gods of Entertainment - have decided that it's important for me to have Buffy at my fingertips. So, I'm fully expecting $10 bills to fall out of the sky, show up in my purse, or fall out of envelopes. If I can get one,, surely I can get ten!

And I'm also thinking that if I can manifest stuff without even asking for it, without it even having a desperate pressing need, why do I worry about anything? And maybe, it could be, that when I was begging last month for my life to be better, and more enjoyable, the Powers That Be decided that a surprise dollar and Buffy for cheap would be just exactly right for me on a day like today.

And maybe it would be fun and interesting to ask for more fun surprises to pop up unexpectedly. I think I'm going to add that to my daily "please" and "thank-you." What about you guys? Anyone have stories to tell? Experiences to share? Insights? Ideas? Oh, and by the way - there is some wonderful conversation in the comments of that post on "The Unexpected." Definitely worth reading - and I'd love to hear what our thoughts would be now! Have we changed our minds? Do we have deeper understandings? A better perspective?

1 comments:

Cindy H said...

It's wonderful to hear that some of the things you have been wanting are manifesting for you!! I have had a few unexpected bits of prosperity recently: I found a $5 bill in my wallet, stuck down in the seams, and I belong to several online survey places and realized that I had enough points on 3 sites to get things - two magazine subscriptions that I have been wanting, plus another check for $50! Way cool!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails