Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Poor Diet and Lack of Exercise

Sunday, June 14, 2009

tired_bear


Exercising isn’t just to look good on the beach. Staying fit keeps your energy levels high. You can be slim and still be drained because you aren’t fit, so don’t use the scale as the measurement. Here are some things you might want to consider to get out of this energy trap:

Make a Routine - Find a gym partner, class or workout time that you can exercise at least 3-4 times per week. I’ve experimented with different amounts and found six days a week works best for me. If you are unsure how to start, just try it for thirty days to see how it goes.

Replace Foods One at a Time - Don’t try to overhaul your eating habits overnight. They’ve been established over years, so they can’t change in a snap. I recommend switching out one unhealthy food type for a month before making more changes. When you take it gradually it is far easier to stick with long-term.

Time Your Meals - The best way to eat would probably be 5-6 smaller meals spread throughout the day. Since this isn’t a reality for most people, a decent alternative is simply to time your meals so your blood sugar levels remain steady throughout the day. This will ensure you aren’t starving for some parts and fatigued from a big meal in others.

1 comments:

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Ok, bleah! Yeah, yeah, yeah... bla bla bla...

That's how I respond to this one, and I know he's right.

So, what I did was, I made an agreement with my daughter that she'll do my shopping for me with her foodstamps, I'll reimburse her with cash, and I'll have actual food in the refrigerator and she'll have actual cash in her purse. A win win for sure.

As for the exercise part... I'm working on it... seems to me that I do exercize while blogging and surfing websites for cool pictures and interesting stuff... you know.. I do let my fingers do the walking after all... they get plenty of exercise... doesn't that count for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails