Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

A Short Inventory

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

pot hands sepia


I think it'll be a good idea to begin with a short inventory of how we feel about ourselves right now. The idea is to fill in the blanks with the very first thing that pops into your mind.

  1. I would be __________ if only I was ______________ .
  2. I'd like to _______________, but __________________.
  3. I could have had ______________, but I didn't because I ________________.

Now, take a look at your 3 statements. Is the story you just told about yourself actually true? Do you like that story? Do you want it to be true? How would it feel to be you, how different would your life be, if the stories you told yourself about yourself were better? more fun? kinder? more loving?

5 comments:

Shirley Twofeathers said...

I would be wonderful if only I wasn't so stupid!!!
I'd like to be magical but I can't seem to find the time.
I could have had a good life but I didn't because I fucked it up.

WoW!

I would be wonderful, if only I wasn't so stupid... Now that isn't true at all - I wonder where I got the idea that I was stupid... It doesn't make any sense because I'm really not stupid at all... I'm probably too smart for my own good.

I'd like to be magical, but... No that isn't actually true either. Yes, I'd like to be magical, but really, truly, in my heart of hearts, I know that I actually AM magical. In fact I have to keep myself amazingly busy in order to make my "I'm NOT magical" story true... If I'd only let myself believe in my own magic... that would be cool!

And I could have had... but I didn't because I fucked it all up... well... that's not true either. Life happens. Stuff happens. It ain't over till it's over, and I'm not "done" yet. I'm just still in that gooey sticky half baked stage... a little crunchy in the middle maybe... a bit soggy around the crust still...

So...

I clearly need this project!!
Anyone else brave enough to post their stories?

Melissa J. said...

1. I would be skinnier if only I was exercising more.
2. I'd like to win the lottery, but I haven't.
3. I could have had ice cream, but I didn't because I didn't have any.

Sheesh, at least Shirley's were interesting!! These really were the first ones that popped into mind. I'm hungry right now, so that accounts for the ice cream one. I am feeling fat because I've been too tired to exercise. And I haven't won the lottery yet because I haven't. I can at least do something about 2 of them! None of these made me feel horrible so I must be doing okay.

Karla said...

I would be happy if only I was was rich.
I'd like to be lessed stressed about money but I'm always behind.
I could have enjoyed so much more in my life, without the constant worry.

Ewwww. I don't even like the fact money is in my HEAD this way! Of course it's not true. Rich people are not necessarily happy, they may have other stresses. Happy people are happy so I need to work on appreciating my worth as a happy person!

Melissa, Ice cream is a VERY interesting topic in my book! Especially mint chip! We can also discuss the value of gelato. Mmmmm.

Cindy H said...

I would be married if only I was not so weird.

I'd like to travel, but I can't afford it.

I could have had a lot more money, but I didn't because I quit the police department.

Okay, how interesting. I think the first one is true although maybe somewhere out there, there is a guy who would accept MY weirdness without being weird himself! Or who at least is weird like me and not weird in some, you know, weird way.

The travel one, I keep hoping that truth will change. I would love to travel but the 2 places I really want to go are Hawaii and Australia and those are both way out of my price range right now. But I have a picture in my head of making those trips within the next 10 years with a wonderful male travel companion who is very handsome and has a lot of $$!

The last one is true, but like Shirley said, life happens, and if I hadn't quit the PD I would have never had Shari, so I'm okay with that. She is worth more than all the money in the world.

Guess what - I have to get off of here now, because I am going on a date tonight! First one in 12 years!!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Way to go Cindy! A date! How cool is that?

And Melissa - Ice Cream - now I want some too! And I don't have any either. :(

karla - I love what you said about "happy people are happy" and that you needed to start appreciating your worth as a "happy person". It really made me think about how I very rarely think of myself as a "happy person" and I think it's about time I started to do that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails