Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

What is holding you back?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In preparation for this project, I did an online search for "energy drains" and found this helpful bit of imagery:

"Imagine a vase being filled with water. Imagine also that the vase has a number of little holes from which water is leaking away. We are all like that vase, receiving energy from different sources. When you are full and overflowing, then you will naturally pour out your surplus energy to nourish others and to make your contribution. However, the unsupportive environments, unmet needs, and negative situations you put up with are the holes that drain your energy. They deplete you and prevent you living your life to the full."

It occured to me, after reading this, that I might be holding on to some of my energy drains because of fear.... fear that I don't really have a contribution to make, fear that I won't or can't live up to my expectations, fear that I might succeed, fear that I might fail. Which got me thinking about that quote by Eleanor Roosevelt: "Do one thing every day that scares you."

So what sounds scary today? I say, let's do it!

3 comments:

Cindy H said...

I'm glad that you wrote that about not only having fear that you might fail, but fear that you might succeed! A lot of people don't understand that, but that has been something that has definitely held me back for years- the fear that I will actually succeed at something! Strange as it sounds, it's very true for me.

I'm not sure right now what else scares me but I'll think about it today!!

Cindy H said...

I DID IT, I DID IT!!! I actually paid the bills today THE SAME DAY I GOT MY CHECK!!! I don't think that has ever happened before in my life! What a great feeling to know that EVERY bill is paid and some of them are even on time!!!

Tomorrow's scary thing: Attend my first yoga class at the YMCA. Let's see if I will do it!!!

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Way to go Cindy! That is awesome! Have fun at yoga class today!

I didn't do anything scary yesterday... I couldn't think of a single thing ... and then I realized that I AM the scary thing... ha!

But you've got me inspired now. Hmmm... I wonder if I can come up with something.

Related Posts with Thumbnails