Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Get Your Energy Flowing

Saturday, June 21, 2008

This is a very simple visualization technique, and one which is good to do at the beginning of any meditation. The purpose of it is to get your energy flowing, dissolve any blocks, and keep you firmly connected to the physical.

magnificenttreeV. L. Christian


Sit comfortably with your back straight, either in a chair or cross-legged on the floor. Close your eyes, breathe slowly and deeply, counting down from ten to one until you feel deeply relaxed.

Imagine that there is a long cord attached to the base of your spine, extending down through the floor and way down into the earth. If you wish, you can imagine that this is like the root of a tree, growing deep into the ground. This is called a "grounding cord."

Now imagine that the energy of the earth is flowing up through this cord ( and up through the soles of your feet if you are sitting in a chair) and flowing up through all parts of your body, and out through the top of your head. Picture this until you really feel the flow well established. Now imagine that the energy of the cosmos is flowing in through the top of your head, through your body, and down through your grounding cord and your feet into the earth. Feel both these flows going in different directions, and mixing harmoniously in your body.


This meditation keeps you balanced between the cosmic energy of vision, fantasy, and imagination and the stable, earthy energy of the physical plane ... a balance that will increase your sense of well-being and your power of manifestation.

source: Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one and I don't do it nearly often enough.

I learned it when I got my Reiki Master training, and I use a variation of it when I do Reiki attunements. It's great for getting really grounded and centered before doing any kind of healing or psychic work...

I wonder what would happen if I did this meditation continuously while I do art...

Anonymous said...

I'e used this one also, Shirley! Especially for grounding before I know I'm talking to spirits other than my own guide. I used it yesterday! Although I think it would be better to take more time at it..it was like zoooooom and the roots were down below and zooooom the roots were shooting upwards. Miracle Grow Meditation, ha ha ha ha ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails